Sunday, June 13, 2010

PADRES GAME OR THE MALL?/FRIDAY NIGHT FRENZY :)



The next decision was what to do on a fine Friday night in San Diego. We were all going to go to a free comedy club, butttt, the lil bro is still not of age. FAIL. The padres were in town though taking on the Mariner’s, Billy, Cobra, & Kristina liked that idea of spending their night at Petco Park. As for myself & Amy, who were ball gamed out and was brewing up plans for later that night headed for the mall. The plan was to drop them off at the ball game (so they didn’t have to pay for parking, & so we wouldn’t be car-less). So that we did. Finding the mall was a bit trickier than we had anticipated, I mean it was only 4 miles from our hotel. Amy was in the driver seat, (if you didn’t know she has no sense of direction, but in this case sense of direction wasn’t the issue). Its not like we were LOST, we just couldn’t find the mall. I mean we saw Macy’s, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Nordstrom’s, but where is the mall mall? After driving in circles, I wasn’t going to not ask for directions. I noticed a family coming out of Macy’s, I pulled down my window and politely asked “Do you know where the mall is?” The father of the family answered No, I’m sorry with a bit of a smirk. I didn’t pick up the smirk part until we circled againnnn, and came to realize Macy’s was apart of the mall. No wonder why he was smirking, I asked the man where the mall was as he was walking out of the mall. Apparently, he thought I was joking. WHOOOPS. At last the mall. It was designed like an outlet mall. FOOLED ME. Amy & I browsed a bit…and headed back to the hotel to put on our apple bottom jeans ,..boots with the fur (Inside joke) to later tear up downtown San Diego. Since Petco Park, was located 5 minutes from 5th Ave (the strip of bars)…we picked up Billy, Cobra, & Kris after the game and to finish out our plan they dropped us off. I wish it worked out that smoothly. As we were driving (Amy) in the after game congestion, red light after red lights. BOOOOOM! “Tric what was that?” We just got rear-ended for not going through a red light. Luckily, we had that bumper carrier device on the back hitch of the Durango, so the car wasn’t directly hit. The impact was very minimum to the point I could not visualize any type of damage. I jumped out of the car and made sure everything was okay…. It was until then…broken reflectors were falling on my feet…and the dude who hit us VROOMMMED away. Don’t ask me how this lil schemer pulled a “U-ie” in the hurt of city congestion. It was official.. we have been hit & runned. Amy stretched her head out the window like an ostrich trying to make out his license plate and recorded 5NP- before his car faded into the darkness. I noticed a big SD decal on the back of his window. But that’s all we’ve got. We recollected he was driving something like a 96’ ford explorer, a navy color. But everything looks navy in the dark. KARMA is a b!t%^…he’ll see. After that inconvenient pit stop we finally met up with the rest of the drifters and told them our story. We concluded, to fill out a police report now was useless.. I mean we accidentally already left the scene of the accident, and to be quite honest 5NP- wasn’t going to be enough to find this criminal. Amy & I hit the town. We were in the mood for some apps, so we lounged at the Rock Bottom Brewery and ordered probably the biggest zucchini sticks ever. And then was greeted by some coast guard dudes and Christine, chatted for a while over some beers, & then before you know it we are on their boat at the pier..kidddding! The final step of our original plan was carried out… we called a cab to take us back to hotel circle….$17.60. GOOD NIGHT SAN DIEGO. IT HAS BEEN FUN!

forever young, tric. x0

No comments:

Post a Comment