Thursday, May 27, 2010

“Bobby & Peggy”: Day 2- Day 4


CHICAGO

Durango sits in its first bumper-to-bumper traffic just in time for rush hour J. The windy city. Kris the reservationist is calling for the cheapest hotel rate (voted against hostels), Cobra is taking pics of the skyline, Jorge is driving like he’s back in the NYC, Amy is catching up on her reading (high on Starbucks and or life,) Billy is being Billy, and for me I am in the back seat behind the drivers seat boxed in by coolers and bags and more bags. I’m not complaining though. It’s my own little cubicle. As a matter of fact, space has not been an issue YET. We already have the pack up routine down, skeet skeet bang bang. Kris booked us at the Holiday Inn express in the financial district; obviii the scavenger is more inclined to book at super savings hotels. This meant Amy and I had to walk around Chicago as the rest of the team was checking in, because it was a 4-person room. But luckily for our brilliant minds, we drew up a plan—I will dress up as a plumber and put on a blue jump suit and push my work cart, as for Amy she will hide inside the work cart. “I was called for maintenance in room 426.” It was funny at the time, I swear. Incase you were dying to know; we successfully “snuck” in the room with the rest of the drifters safely and soundly. Ironically enough, our toilet did overflow, and we did need the maintenance man who failed to show, which means our hotel rate was cut in half. HOLLLA.

Jorge did not hesitate; it comes second nature to him—a 30 pack. And from there we tore up DOWNTOWN CHICAGO, showed them what the NY swagger is all about. Thanks to Mohammed, our taxicab driver. First thought on some minds was FOOOOOD and well others…brewed beer. After the repetitive circles of trying to find a pub/grill for the youngin’ under 21/ and the irresponsible one who forgot their license in their home copying machine, (who will be receiving hers in our Minnesota hotel on Thursday, thanks to the mailing system and mamma Hendricks.)


forever young, tric xo.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you people are too funny! I think you are going to make our trip look wimpy (Thank heavens!!) If I was Mamma Hendricks I would attach one of our "Child Locator" tags on you guys! : ) Looking forward to hearing more. Have fun and drive safely!

    ReplyDelete