Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Durango Drifters' Pre-Trip Survey: Kristina

What is the most unnecessary thing you packed?
I feel as though I packed nothing that is unnecessary; my problem is I packed too much of everything!

What is the most prized possession you packed?
My cell-phone; although there is a great chance it will be non-existent in parts of my trip because of how wonderful AT&T service is. However, my cell phone will come in good use when I’m stuck in a car with the same four people for the entire 40+ days! (JK drifters!)

If you had to leave someone in the middle of the desert, who would it be?
I would have to say Tricia or Amy because they are the friendliest of us all and would probably fandangle a way and hitch-hike their way back to society.

Where are you most excited to go on the trip?
1. Grand Canyon
2. Wrigley Field
3. Yellowstone National Park
4. San Diego California

What are you most excited to do on the trip?

1. Rafting down class IV rapids in the Colorado River
2. ATV riding in sand dunes
3. Caves
4. Baseball games cross-country

According to ground rules, if you’re behind the wheel, you dictate the music. What will be playing when you’re driving?
A mix of country, rock, oldies & throw in some 80’s classics…

Who is most likely to get a ticket along the way?
Definitely 100% Tricia... With her record to this date she will have the drill down “license and registration” in the following states: OH, IL, SD, CA, AZ, CO, KS, KY, NC hahahahaha jk. But let’s be honest it wouldn’t surprise us.
Who is most likely to cause trouble along the way?
Easy. Cobra K Sheare. Don’t ask me how, but he will find a way. (Weather at the campground, baseball game or a quick drink at a bar ha-ha)

If you could bring one more person along, who would it be?
As much as I would love to bring one more person along, we have Uncle Jorge week 1 and then the five of us the rest of the way...They say the more the merrier, but in this case, I can settle with what we have.

Do you think you will lose or gain weight over the 40 days?
Considering the last thing I want to spend my money on is food and the fact we will be hiking non-stop. I’m sure I’d lose weight over the span of 40 days.

Speaking of eating…If you were stranded somewhere and ran out of food, who would you decide to cannibalize first?
Tricia, I’m sure we all taste like chicken…but I’d opt-out on that option and not survive.

Do you plan to collect any little souvenirs along the way?
Definitely, I plan on taking something from each place I visit, as well as postcards, t-shirts, shells on the beach etc...


What are your 3 biggest goals for the road trip?
1. Have a fun time; it is a trip of a life time.
2. Beat Amy on the Manitou Incline (HAHAHA) not happening.
3. Not get attacked or bit by a bear, bison, mountain goat, snake etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment